Centre for Socio Legal Research and Aid is a non profitable public charitable trust established with core objectives of serving society by way of various means and methods. The principle objectives of the Centre are as follows:
(1) To generate awareness of law in public at large by using various methods as devised by the trustees from time to time and at places so desired.
(2) To establish, run, support and grant aid or other financial assistance to schools, colleges, libraries, reading rooms, universities, laboratories, research and other institutions of the like nature in India, for use of the students and the staff and also for the development and advancement of legal and social service education amongst the public in general.
(3) To conduct research over Central and important State legislations, bills and ordinances passed in the Union of India which pertain to masses especially in the field of human rights, environmental protection, land acquisition, sustainable development, international relations and diplomacy, constitutional amendments, health, consumer awareness, corruption, terrorism, social reforms, marriage and divorce laws.
(4) To provide legal advice and lawyers for the marginalized community and to aid them with other possible means such as court fees and other necessary funds which may be required by them for the purpose.
(5) To protect rights of the under-trials, convicts, war criminals lodged in jails with specific attention to the criminals/convicts who have completed the jail terms and yet lodged in jails and to assist them with every possible help as may be needed by them for defending them before various Courts of Law or for filing of mercy petitions before the President of India and/or Governors of various States of India.
(6) To make public at large aware about important developments in the legal field in India which include judgments, passing of bills etc. by way of various methods and to provide interpretation of the same and its implication on the field as advised by legal experts or any expert as engaged by trust for the same purpose.
(7) To work for women and child empowerment with the help of existing law/legislations/international treaties etc. and to suggest measures as may be available from time to time by appropriate national/international research.
(8) For empowerment of minorities and tribal areas and for protecting their human rights and fundamental rights as prescribed by the law.
(9) For filing Public interest litigations on the subjects of large public importance and/or to assist any needy for the same purpose as advised from time to time by way of engaging lawyer/pleader and/or aiding needy person/group or organization for the same.
(10) To work for awareness of Right to Information Act, 2005 and usage of the same for the awareness of public at large and making such information public which is vital for the general public by various ways.
(11) Assisting legislators and citizen groups regarding ongoing social challenges and impact of the bills/acts/ordinances of large public importance by using such methods which are devised from time to time for the same purpose.
(12) To publish periodical/s as required covering topics as per the objectives of the trust by various available means from time to time.
(13) To work for transparency of the Government and securing right to service, ombudsman by such methods which are devised from time to time by way of laws and/or research.
(14) To work for expanding community rights to the natural resources and to provide needy any such help which is justifiable as per law in force at that time.
(15) To suggest measures for empowerment and respect of fundamental duties as enshrined in the Constitution of India.
(16) To work in field for empowerment as per the objectives of the trust with the help of established international organizations.
(17) To work for rights of the labourers working in various Government as well as private organizations.
(18) To generate awareness about increasing white collar crimes and cross border crimes which are prohibited by Indian Law and by treaties/conventions rectified by the Union of India.
(19) To work and generate awareness of the public at large against increasing use of narcotics and its impact over human health and to establish institutions for reforms of the drug addicts and/or drug de-addiction centres.
(20) To work for international peace and harmony.
(21) To conduct research over various streams of international law and to provide access of such research to general public by way of various methods as devised from time to time.
(22) To publish texts/books and periodicals from time to time which are in consonance with the primary objectives of the trust on non profit basis.
(23) To establish, maintain and run studentships, scholarships and render other kind of aid to students including supply of books, stipends, medals and other incentives to study, without any distinction as to caste, colour, race, creed or sex for the aims which are in consonance with the objectives of the trust.
(24) To promote, establish, support, maintain or grant aid to institutions for the promotion of science, literature, music, drama and fine arts, for the preservation of environment and conservation of natural resources and for the research and other institutions, in India, having similar objects for the benefit of the public in general.
(25) To promote gender equality; empowering women; setting up homes and hostels for women and orphans; setting up old age homes; day care centres and such other facilities for senior citizens and economically backward groups.
(26) To establish and develop institutions for the physically handicapped and disabled or mentally retarded persons and to provide them education, food, clothing or other help.
(27) To grant relief and assistance to the needy victims during natural calamities such as famine, earth quake, flood, fire, pestilence, etc. and to give donations and other assistance to institutions, establishments or persons engaged in such relief work.
(28) To ensure environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora and fauna, animal welfare, agro forestry, conservation of natural resources and maintaining quality of soil, air and water.
(29) To make contribution to Prime Minster’s National Relief Fund or any other fund set up by the Central/State Government or any other recognised body or institution for socio-economic development and relief and welfare of the scheduled castes, the scheduled tribes, other backward classes, minorities and women.
(30) To organize workshops, training and collective learning opportunities for community as well as for NGOs on sustainable development, Holistic health and healing practice communication and negotiation skills creations and production of learning- training materials, ecology, environmental consciousness and agriculture practices, development of communication in local languages.
(31) To carry on any such project or programme as may be prescribed by the Central/State Government or by international agencies regarding to objects invigilated in the trust.
(32) To grant donations to any person or institution devoted to public or for charitable purposes, co-operate and assist (Including funding) any institution, individual or a group of individuals with like-minded aims and objectives.
What we do
To achieve the objectives as mentioned below; the Centre is presently working on day and night with the help of highly qualified professionals on volunteer basis and with the help of other like minded non-governmental organizations which are presently working for similar purposes. Basic purpose is serving the humanity and for this service the Centre is dedicated and with greater plans to expend its works in near future; the Centre is inviting collaborations from National/International organizations so that the aims and objectives of the Centre can be achieved.
How you can help
You can donate us so that we can achieve the targets enshrined in our objectives which are vital for upliftment of the mankind and humanity. Contact us for donations.
The donations to the charity are presently not tax exempted. However, we have already applied for grant of certificate under Section 80-G of the Income Tax Act and the same shall be duly intimated to all the donors individually. We are presently NOT accepting any international grant; however, when we are acceptable to us; a notice to this effect shall be duly published on the website.
Volunteer with us:
The volunteer programme with CSLRA is thronged as a dedicated service of minimum one month to any number of times a person is willing to contribute. We believe that to work for social change everyone should contribute a substantial amount of time to understand the needs and cater in the best possible way with your unique skill set. We are presently acceptable to following volunteer works:
Centre for Socio Legal Research and Aid
#1578, Sector 22-B, Chandigarh
#505, G.H.17, Sector 20, Panchkula